Trio of Trojans sign letters of Intent




Wednesday marked National Signing Day for high school football players to ink their name to play college football next season and three members of the 2011 Eastern Champion Garner Trojans made their commitment known Wednesday morning.

Maylon Rowland - St. Augustine

The Trojan lineman made his commitment to St. Aug on Wednesday saying he chose that school because "he liked the atmosphere and the coaches will look out for me and take care of me."

Rowland says the Bears plan to use him at defensive end during his time.


Demetrius Fairley - Gardner Webb

After a self described, "rocky" recruiting process, Demetrius Fairley signed his letter of intent with Gardner Webb on Wednesday morning.

Asked why he chose the Bulldogs, Fairley said "I felt like they were the most loyal and sincere to me during the entire process - they've been watching me since my sophomore year."

Fairley said that it was his family who "helped him through the rough times of his process."

The Trojan fullback could see some playing time as a true freshman next year and will shift spots in the backfield and move to the tailback position.




Greg Milhouse - Appalachian State

Offensive linemen Greg Milhouse finalized his recruting process on Wednesday signing with the Mountaineers of App State.

So when Milhouse was asked why he decided to play college football in Boone, he said, "That's where I felt I fit in best at and I feel like I can go in and succeed and some early playing time."

Milhouse continued, "Boone reminded me a lot of Garner and I love this place."

The Trojan captain had committed to Elon in early January but when they App coaches found they sent a lot of their staff to visit Milhouse which convinced the lineman that he was ready to be a Mountaineer.

The Apps see Milhouse playing on the defensive side of the ball as a defensive end in the 3-4 or at defensive tackle in the 4-3.

Congratulations to all these outstanding young men and we look forward to watching you in the future.



Pictures courtesy of Jason Boyette and SweetTeva.com


Jeanne Hulmes, VP Banking Center Manager